We all need guidance in life and on the path of meditation. Here are some simple and wise tips to get you started or improve your practice from Dipa Ma. A meditation master of the highest calibre and one of the most influential but least heard of teachers of our time.
Her advice is always done to earth and easy to follow. These tips are a blessing to hear and follow because they not only bring so much peace, clarity and wisdom into your life which benefits you greatly but also can be shared with and bless all those around you.
Please do not rush through but instead take a moment to contemplate each tip to fully digest the wisdom it contains:
1) Choose one meditation practice and stick with it. If you want to progress in meditation stay with one technique.
2) Meditate every day. Practice now. Don’t think you will do more later.
3) Any situation is workable. Each of us has enormous power. It can be used to help ourselves and help others.
4) Practice patience. Patience is one of the most important virtues for developing mindfulness and concentration.
5) Free your mind. Your mind is all stories.
6) Cool the fire of emotions. Anger is a fire.
7) Have fun along the way. I am quite happy. If you come to meditate you will also be happy.
8) Simplify. Live simply. A very simple life is good for every thing. Too much luxury is a hindrance to practice.
9) Cultivate the spirit of blessing. If you bless those around you this will inspire you to be attentive in every moment.
10) It’s a circular journey. Meditation integrates the whole person
~ Written by Dipa Ma